We have had a fantastic few days settling into Year 1! It's great to be back in school where we can play and learn with our friends again and we have had lots of fun exploring our new classroom! The adults in Year 1 have been very impressed with our phonics, got to job work and tidying up skills!!
WELCOME TO YEAR 1
We hope you have had a happy and safe summer holiday. All the staff in Year 1 are looking forward to meeting you on Tuesday 8th September.
Things to help prepare for your first week back...
- Share a book with a grown up
- Talk about some of the things you are looking forward to about being back in school
- Practise writing your first and second name
- Practise counting objects up to 20, can you write your numbers too?
- Draw a picture of something special you have done in the summer holidays and write a sentence to match it
Don't forget to write your names in all clothing.
Guided reading takes place every day and so please remember your book bags.
If you want to read at home you can also read lots of books online at: